Wednesday 25 April 2012

More on IBM HTTP Server and WAS Plugin passwords

Following on from my earlier blog posts here and here.

This is definitely a work-in-progress.

<Caveat Emptor>

*FIRST BACKUP YOUR KEY DATABASE ETC.*

Using gsk7cmd to check password expiration

C:\IBM\HTTPServer\bin>gsk7cmd.bat -keydb -expiry -db \IBM\HTTPServer\Plugins\config\webserver1\plugin-key.kdb -pw WebAS

Password expiry time: 26-Apr-2012 16:20:31

Using gsk7capicmd to check password expiration

C:\IBM\HTTPServer\bin>gsk7capicmd.bat -keydb -expiry -db \IBM\HTTPServer\Plugins\config\webserver1\plugin-key.kdb -pw WebAS

Validity:  Thursday, 26 April 2012 16:20:31 PM GMT Daylight Time

Using gsk7cmd to change password

C:\IBM\HTTPServer\bin>gsk7cmd.bat -keydb -changepw -db \IBM\HTTPServer\Plugins\config\webserver1\plugin-key.kdb -pw WebAS -new_pw Passw0rd -stash

Validating the change

C:\IBM\HTTPServer\bin>gsk7capicmd.bat -keydb -expiry -db \IBM\HTTPServer\Plugins\config\webserver1\plugin-key.kdb -pw Passw0rd

</Caveat>

Yes, and I am using Windows in this example, as I was working with a client who is using Windows rather than Unix for their web tier.

And you did back up your key database BEFORE you started ?

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...