Thursday 11 October 2012

CWWSY0206E and CWMRI1096E using WebSphere Application Server 8.5 Job Manager to deploy files

In this post, I describe a problem that I saw, and resolved, whilst continuing to learn and understand the Job Manager functionality in WebSphere Application Server.

Hot on the heels of my previous post: -

I'm now moving towards the next logical step of having the remote copy of IBM Installation Manager install a copy of WebSphere Application Server 8.5 from my local WAS server, via HTTP.

To this end, I packaged up a shell script and a response file ( as installWAS85kit.tar.gz ) in a staging directory - /mnt/hgfs/Source/Scripts - which is actually a folder on my host Mac's desktop, shared with the WAS 8.5 VM via VMware's Shared Folders functionality.

However, when I ran the Job Manager task distributeFile to push the package across the network to the target server, I got: -

CWWSY0206E: Exception while processing a job: CWMRI1096E: The specified directory /opt/IBM/WebSphere/profiles/JobMgr01/config/temp/JobManager/mnt/hgfs/Source/Scripts does not exist.

The text of the message makes it nice and clear - Job Manager automatically looks in /opt/IBM/WebSphere/profiles/JobMgr01/config/temp/JobManager rather than elsewhere on the file system.

The solution ? Move the file ...

$ cp /mnt/hgfs/Source/Scripts/installWAS85kit.tar.gz /opt/IBM/WebSphere/profiles/JobMgr01/config/temp/JobManager

and re-run the task: -

$ cd /opt/IBM/WebSphere/profiles/JobMgr01/bin
$ ./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -user wasadmin -password passw0rd

WASX7209I: Connected to process "jobmgr" on node was85JobMgr01 using SOAP connector;  The type of process is: JobManager
WASX7031I: For help, enter: "print Help.help()"


wsadmin> AdminTask.submitJob('[-jobType distributeFile -group redhat -description distributeFile -jobParams [ [destination /home/wasadmin] [source installWAS85kit.tar.gz] ]]')

'134995858507108843'

Job done.

My next task is to have Job Manager instruct the remote box to (a) unpack the archive and (b) execute the shell script that performs the installation using the response file.

More to come ........

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...