Monday 18 January 2010

Deja Vu - I've been down this road before ...

Took me a few minutes, and a Google search, to realise why I was seeing a blank page on my freshly squeezed installation of Lotus Quickr Services for Lotus Domino 8.2.

Despite stopping/starting Quickr, and updating to Fix Pack 8, I was still seeing the same symptom. When I Google'd around, I found this Technote: -

Blank page or JavaScript error "Object expected" after install or upgrade of Lotus Quickr 8.2 if you do not enable Domino Servlet Manager


which directs one to enable the Domino Servlet Manager via the Domino Administrator: -

1. From IBM Lotus Notes® or the Domino Administrator, open the Domino Directory (names.nsf) on the server.
2. Open the Server document.
3. Click Internet Protocols > Domino Web Engine.
4. Below Java Servlets, select Domino Servlet Manager in the Java servlet support field.
5. Save and close the document.

After making these changes, you need to restart the HTTP task (enter restart task http on the server console) for them to take effect.

The ultimate irony ?

I checked back in my blog postings from last year, and found this: -

Problems with Lotus Quickr Services for Lotus Domino 8.5 on upgrade/installation - Blank page or JavaScript error "Object expected" ...


Can you say "Doh" ?

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...